Saturday, December 29, 2007

Kucinich Supporters


Kucinich Supporters, originally uploaded by Johnny Simon.

I am back!

I'm now snug and secure in Nashua, New Hampshire interning at the Nashua Telegraph. So far work has been slow, only two assignments, buts once the Iowa Caucus is over, New Hampshire is going to be even more inundated with politicians and the media. I'm excited to be part of such an important and unique election, this is really one of the most diverse and crowded elections (candidate wise) the US has had in decades.

As of right now, there's no clear leader on either side of the aisle so it seems each candidate is really pushing it into overdrive to garner any kind of support they can. I saw a Keith Bedford photo recently of Huckabee doing the whole "I'll wear camo and orange vest and look like a hunter too!" sort of deal. It seemed desperate, but it happens every four years and I can't wait to capture these important (or silly) moments myself. I'll be sure to keep you posted over the next week.

This photo is from a Kucinich house party in Milford, NH. He was speaking, and this family looked quite tired. His campaign is quite inspiring. Very grass roots, diverse in age and unabashedly optimistic. Its a fiercely competitive campaign and New Hampshire is a fiercely independent state. I have a feeling it just might pan out for Mr. Kucinich at the polls on January 8th.

No comments: