Thursday, March 13, 2008

"I fell in love with a female assassin"

From the UK newspaper The Independent, via PDNPulse

Photojournalist Jason P. Howe writes about his experience documenting the FARC and the paras in Columbia, and how his lover ultimately became as violent and entrenched in war as the people he set out to document. An astonishing read.

"Watching her take the pistol from her belt, unbutton her jeans and slip into bed I somehow couldn't quite equate the woman in my arms with the bodies I had seen in the local morgue, their heads shattered by gunshots at close range, murders she confessed to having committed. High on a combination of the heady tropical climate, local rum, grade A cocaine and in the arms of nubile 22-year-old, fantasy and reality became blurred. It felt like I was living in a Quentin Tarantino movie."

Full text here

1 comment:

dusitn said...

i read this a few weeks ago, great story. didnt they say something about a movie?